Migraine is a neurological syndrome characterized by altered bodily perceptions, severe headaches, and nausea. Physiologically, the migraine headache is a neurological condition more common to women than to men. The typical migraine headache is unilateral and pulsating, lasting from 4 to 72 hours; symptoms include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to light), and phonophobia (increased sensitivity to sound). Approximately one-third of people who suffer migraine headache perceive an aura—unusual visual, olfactory, or other sensory experiences that are a sign that the migraine will soon occur.
Signs and symptoms
The signs and symptoms of migraine vary among patients. The four phases of a migraine attack listed below are common but not necessarily experienced by all migraine sufferers.
1. The prodrome, which occurs hours or days before the headache.
2. The aura, which immediately precedes the headache.
3. The pain phase, also known as headache phase.
4. The postdrome.
A migraine trigger is any factor that, on exposure or withdrawal, leads to the development of an acute migraine headache.
Migraine attacks may be triggered by:
• Allergic reactions
• Bright lights, loud noises, and certain odors or perfumes
• Physical or emotional stress
• Changes in sleep patterns
• Smoking or exposure to smoke
• Skipping meals
• Menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth control pills, hormone fluctuations during the menopause transition
• Tension headaches
• Foods containing tyramine (red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, and some beans), monosodium glutamate (MSG) or nitrates (like bacon, hot dogs, and salami)
• Other foods such as chocolate, nuts, peanut butter, avocado, banana, citrus, onions, dairy products, and fermented or pickled foods.
Kidney Homeopathic Treatment
Homeopathy offers an excellent treatment for Migraine. The homeopathic approach to the treatment of migraine patients is more individualistic means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. This means, homeopathy believes that migraine is a personality disorder and hence the treatment should be determined only on the basis of in-depth study of the patients' personality. This approach helps treating most cases of migraine successfully. Homeopathy treatment is essentially safe and absolutely harmless, which may be taken along with any other medicine, if required. . Modern day radical Homeopaths do not overlook the efficacy of conventional system of medicine in relieving the acute head pain along with their medication. They do not restrict the patient from occasionally using conventional medications as emergency measures to temporary relieve pain when the attack becomes severe.