Hemorrhoids or piles are swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus. The term "hemorrhoids" technically refers to "'Cushions of tissue filled with blood vessels at the junction of the rectum and the anus." However, the term is popularly used to refer to varicosities of the hemorrhoid tissue.
1. External Hemorrhoids : That occur outside the anal verge
2. Internal hemorrhoids : That occur inside the rectum.
3. Prolapsed hemorrhoids : internal hemorrhoids that are so distended that they are pushed outside the anus.
4. strangulated hemorrhoid :If the anal sphincter muscle goes into spasm and traps a prolapsed hemorrhoid outside the anal opening, the supply of blood is cut off, and the hemorrhoid becomes a strangulated hemorrhoid.
Degree of prolapse
Grading of Internal Hemorrhoids
a) Grade I: The hemorrhoids do not prolapse.
b) Grade II: The hemorrhoids prolapse upon defecation but spontaneously reduce.
c) Grade III: The hemorrhoids prolapse upon defecation, but must be manually reduced.
d) Grade IV: The hemorrhoids are prolapsed and cannot be manually reduced.
Hemorrhoids are usually not dangerous or life threatening. In most cases, hemorrhoidal symptoms will go away within a few days.Although many people have hemorrhoids, not all experience symptoms. The common symptom of internal hemorrhoidial radiation is bright red blood covering the feces . An internal hemorrhoid may protrude through the anus outside the body, becoming irritated and painful. Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms.
(a) Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy (b) Digital Examination (c) Anoscopy
Surgical and non-medicinal treatments
• Rubber band ligation
• Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization (THD-HP)
• Stapled hemorrhoidectomy.
• Doppler guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation
Homeopathy provides a fresh, safe, all natural, non-invasive and more curative approach for haemorrhoids. The non-invasive more curative approach of homeopathy should always be applied first before more invasive and potentially destructive methods are deployed. Prescribing a remedy, Homeopaths take into account a person's constitutional type. A constitutional type is defined as a person's physical, emotional, and psychological makeup. An experienced homeopath assesses all of these factors when determining the most appropriate treatment for each individual. and homeopathic treatment can be a great relief to a person suffering from piles, as it eliminates the possibility of surgery.
Moreover, a thorough Homeopathic treatment one can remove the tendency and thereby prevent its recurrence.